Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The changing seasons...or not

I have come to realize that EVERYTHING is different in Texas. The tea is sweeter, the grass is prickly, and the weather is...the same.

For most of my life, the first of September meant cuddling in warm blankets, crispness in the air, apple picking, pumpkin flavored everything, and curling up around a warm fire. It's hard for me to believe that it's actually the fall when I'm still wearing shorts 99% of the time.

This weekend, I decided that the Texas weather is not going to stop me from enjoying my favorite fall pastimes. On Sunday, I dragged Ben out of the house to purchase our first pumpkin spice latte of the season. While it seemed strange drinking the hot latte in 90 degree weather, I enjoyed every sip and am already looking forward to my next fall activity. Chili anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment