Friday, January 18, 2013

Finally the rain changed to snow!

Virginia is a wonderful place to live for so many reasons. We live in the middle of the Blue Ridge mountains and have all kinds of adventure right at our fingertips. The weather is beautiful year round. We are three hours from DC and three hours from Charlotte, NC. And, we are able to experience all four seasons for just the right amount of time. 

But, having grown up in the north, I can't help myself...I miss the snow! I miss countless snow days, sled rides, skiing, snow angels, and so much more. I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes I miss that tingly sensation you get in your fingers when you run them under hot water after coming inside from hours of playing in the snow. I miss laying down in the snow, creating snow angels and catching snowflakes on my tongue. I miss looking out are kitchen windows and watching a winter wonderland created in front of my eyes. So many of my memories from childhood took place in the snow.

So this girl was so excited when she finally got to see some white stuff falling from the ski last night. I got so excited when the rain turned into snow, I think Ben was a little frightened (I guess excessive screaming can do that).  That southern boy just doesn't know what he's missing. 


Snow, it's good to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment