Thursday, January 3, 2013

Last year


Last year at this time I was in the midst of wedding planning. I had thought that wedding planning would be a breeze and that engagement would be the best part of Ben and I's relationship to date. 

But it was anything but that.

It was stressful. It was painful. Breakdowns occurred, and I felt like no one prepared me for this. No one told me that working full time, planning a wedding (in three months), and trying to focus on strengthening your relationship would be overwhelming. 

No one told me that it was easy to get lost in the details and forget that the most important part was beginning your life with a strong marriage rooted in faith. 

No one warned me.

I am so thankful for our wedding day and all the details ended up coming together. But I'm also glad I never have to plan a wedding again. I am thankful that in all of the nitty gritty details my fiance stood by my side and that I can now call him husband.

And let me tell you, wedding planning is stressful. There are so many details that need to be attended to, flowers that need to be picked, guest lists that need to be written, and invitations that need to be designed, but don't forget, the wedding is not the be all end all. It's about starting your life with your husband. Celebrating that two people are now becoming one. Standing in front of friends, family, and God and declaring your lifetime commitment to the most beautiful and sanctifying relationship you will ever experience.

Thanks husband for sticking with me through all of the planning and details. You're pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment