Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Is it too early to talk about another holiday?

I had a little time on my hands last night while the husband was rock climbing so I decided to finally finish taking down all of the Christmas decorations and began preparing for the next holiday: VALENTINES DAY.


While I have never been the type of person to celebrate valentines day, this year seams different. I'm excited to celebrate with my husband and start some new traditions. Now I just have to figure out what those traditions are!

 I decided to dust off my scissors and thread and whip up a little something. I made all of the hearts (pictured above and below) by hand with scraps of fabric I had around the house and some batting. They were so easy to make! If you decide to make a couple, just cut out the heart shapes (2 per heart), sew around the edges, stuff and finish it off. It's supposed to look homemade so don't worry if the stitching isn't perfect.


Now a little dish of the hearts greets everyone who comes to our door!

Then I got out the scrapbook paper and a stapler and whipped up some heart garland. 


 Our headboard needs a little help, I know. It was covered with greens over Christmas and I loved it, but now it looks so sparse. I need to get my creative juices flowing to come up with some new ideas. 


Please ignore the horrible lighting. That's what happens when you take pictures at 8 p.m. indoors. 

I'm hoping to add some more decorations over the next couple weeks, but I'm happy with everything so far. Decorating without spending money always puts me in a good mood (and my husband likes it too). Everything was so easy and gets me excited for what is to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment