Monday, November 12, 2012

Corning Museum of Glass

When Ben and I were up for the Wineglass Marathon, we stopped by the Corning Museum of Glass to do one of my favorite things: glass blowing. Having grown up in Corning, glass blowing is not new to me. Our Christmas tree can be found adorned in glass ornaments and icicles that our family has blown over the years. We even have a few glass flowers strewn about the house from class field trips.

One of my family's favorite ornaments is a little purple egg shaped piece of glass my sister blew at a very young age. She was so young when she blew it that she could barely get any air into the pipe leaving us with one of the heaviest ornaments on the tree. 

This is the second year Ben and I blew pumpkins together, and the second year was better than the first!






Last year, Ben's pumpkin ended up getting broken in a rowdy house full of boys. Here's hoping we can  get these pumpkins safely through the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment