Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Credit: Southern Disposition
Tis the season for thankfulness. As I reflect over the last year, I have so much to be thankful for. Of course, marriage, a great job, family and friends are all a part of what I'm thankful for, true thankfulness stems much further than that.

While I am thankful for all of the material things I have been blessed with and the relationships I have formed the last two years in Virginia, I am so much more thankful for the Lord's continued faithfulness. I so often get caught up in who I am, and I forget who Jesus is. I look inward to solve problems rather than looking to Jesus. I seek comfort and value in the opinion of others, rather than being assured by the knowledge that I am a child of God. 

Today I am thankful for the Lord's continued grace. While I admit to seeking satisfaction and approval in others, He supplies Jesus, the one who has already approved of me and made me one of His own. While I continue to become aware of my selfish motivations, He provides the grace to forgive and the solution, Jesus. 

Cheer up. You are worse than you know. But you are far more loved than you could ever imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment