Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 3

About a week ago, I realized that Ben's half birthday was approaching. While I normally don't celebrate half birthdays, this time I decided to have some fun with it. 

2012 was not a good birthday year for us. My birthday was situated three days before our wedding and during Ben's midterms. And then Ben's birthday somehow slipped by, unnoticed. No parties, no presents, no surprises. I wanted to change that.

I didn't want to make a huge deal over this, but just simply show him how much I appreciate him. I surprised him on Saturday morning with a few of his favorite things and then we spent the rest of the day together making breakfast, going to a movie, ordering Chinese takeout, and spending time together.


I'm not sure if he was more happy about the new beard trimmer or the beer. Too bad we are in the midst of no shave November.  


Ben was quite surprised and the day was a lot of fun. Half birthdays, I like you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment